Sign Up Today
Volunteering at the Food Gatherers Community Kitchen is a rewarding activity. The Community Kitchen, located in the Robert J. Delonis Center in downtown Ann Arbor, provides meals to shelter residents and anyone in need. Community Kitchen volunteers prepare and serve meals, set up for and clean up from service, and prepare bulk meals for distribution to our partner agencies. Perfect for individuals or small groups of 5 or fewer.
Ages: 12+ with an adult or 14+ alone
Shifts: Weekday lunches (Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.), weekday dinners (3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. cook/set up; 5:00 p.m.-7:15 p.m. serve/clean up); and weekend mid-day meal (Saturday/Sunday 12:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m., 2:15 p.m.-5:00 p.m., or 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.).
*If you are tracking hours for school or court, or will have a coach or observer with you during your shift, please contact the volunteer coordinator at 734-761-2796 prior to registering.
Individuals and Groups of 3 or Fewer
- Please click the “Sign up for a shift” button to log in or create your user account (1 account per volunteer)
- After you create your user account, you may begin signing up for volunteer opportunities
Small Groups of 5 or Fewer
- Please click “Group Volunteer Registration” to request a group volunteer shift. Returning groups still need to complete the form.
- A Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to schedule a shift.
- Due to safety concerns and regulations, we are not able to work with kids groups at our Community Kitchen.
Note: Shifts fill up fast! We ask that you request a group shift at least 6-8 weeks in advance, though sometimes we may be able to accommodate your group on short notice.
Please keep in mind that holidays are the most popular time to volunteer, so plan far in advance or consider that we need help year-round.
Community Kitchen location: 312 West Huron St., Ann Arbor, MI 48103. Inside the Robert J. Delonis Center.