Healthy School Pantry Program

Healthy School Pantry Program

The Healthy School Pantry Program (HSPP) was created by Food Gatherers in 2012 to increase access to healthy food and provide families with a wide variety of produce! Each school year, Food Gatherers distributes fresh fruits and vegetables, along with simple, low-cost and nutritious recipes at selected schools throughout Washtenaw County. All families at participating schools receive a free, fresh produce box each month.

Get Involved

  • Contact Food Gatherers for a list of participating schools
  • Contact your child’s school to sign up for the program or call Food Gatherers to get more information
  • Apply for partnership at your school – Potential Partner Questionnaire


Thank you to The Vera & Joseph Dresner Foundation, J.F. Ervin Foundation, and the generous community members who have funded this program.

Program Contact Information

LeRonica Roberts
Community Food Programs Manager
Phone: 734-761-2796
Fax: 734-930-0550


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.